Destroyed Paradise

I live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, Greece. The big economic crisis destroyed Greece. The government debt crisis still reflects on life in Greece.

After applying to a dozen international and domestic companies for the job in Athens, I final had a successful job interview yesterday. Everything looked like a dream. I was so happy until they didn’t say how much is salary per month.
“It’s 390 euros for a month.” I stay speechless. After the internal shock, I asked her to repeat me, but she said the same amount of money again. At that moment, I wanted to cry, but instead, I laughed. 
Before you say that I am spoiled, or that I am a lucky girl because I found a job, you need to know something. Cost of living in Athens is much more of 390 euros per month (check at http://www.numbeo.com).
Last years the big financial crisis destroyed a lot of companies in Greece but didn’t this one. Let’s it clear up, I’m talking about Swissport.
“Swissport is the world’s largest provider of ground and cargo handling services in the aviation industry. The company provides services on behalf of some 835 client-companies and handles around 230 million passengers and 4.1 million flights (movements) per year. The company operates around 133 warehouses and moves approx. 4.3 million tonnes of cargo. With a workforce of around 62,000 personnel, Swissport is active at more than 280 stations in 48 countries across five continents, and generates annual consolidated operating revenue of EUR 2.7 billion.”
After the previously paragraph, I hope that you can understand my disappointed about low salary.  Someone says that we are more slaves today than any time in human history. I think that it is true.

Comments